When I was doing the total Juice Fast, I drank 3 quart-sized juices per day. This is my shopping list that would last me for 3 days. Over the course of 3 days, i’d have 9 juices. 6 of them would be the mean green and the other 3 would be more fruity ones.
Primary Juice: The “Mean Green” from FS&ND:
- 6 big kale leaves
- 3-4 Stalks of celery 4 if smallish, 3 if larger.
- 1 Cucumber Regular sized.
- 2 Apples I prefer Red Delicious, as they are sweeter.
- 1/2 Lemon Rind cut off
- A piece of ginger about the size of the tip of your thumb. not too much.
That’s your base juice. Have 2 of these per day, if not for all 3.
- 2 ‘things’ of kale. – It usually comes in pound-ish sized bunches. Get 2. Kale will keep for a while, so get 3 if they look small. you can always just add more Kale if you have extra.
- 8 cucumbers
- 2 bags of celery - 3 bags of ‘celery hearts’ if your mr. fancypants.
- 20 apples - Two of those bags you can get at S&S works well and are a bargain. Also the smaller size of those apples mean you can just throw them in the juice straight up.
- 3 lemons
- A fairly decent amount of ginger - Ginger doesn’t keep very will and will get moldy, so heads up.
- 1 bag/bunch of carrots
- 1 english cucumber - Use 1/2 per juice… sweeter than the normal ones.
- 2 green apples - Granny Smith preferred.
- 3 limes – Use a whole lime, but only a half lemon. Cut of the rind
- 1 Zuchini
- 1 Summer Squash
- 1 Red Pepper
- Any weird fruit or veggie you’ve wanted to try - Rhubarb? Swiss chard? why not. Don’t get a lot though.
And that’s that. All totalled, you can usually get that for ~$30.
I use the Mean Green as my base, and then work off of that. If it was a tough day, i’ll make a fruitier juice as a treat. I usually try to get some kale in there, even if it makes the juice a gross color. Kale + carrots is not a very appetizing color, but with apples and lemon and ginger it’s really yummy.
Protip: Pretty much anything + 2 apples, 1/2 a lemon, and some ginger will taste pretty decent.